My meanderings working around the world :)

¡Bienvenidos a mi aventura!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New year!!!!!






Happy New Year Everyone! 

I guess its time to catch everyone up with what happened to me in the last months of 2014. What better way then through pictures and random commentary :) 



Kelly's birthday lunch. A lovely lunch with some of my favorite people from work. The crew that helps me out on a daily basis and makes life so much more enjoyable.




These 3 pictures are of a hike along Caoling historical trail that has been around since the Qing dynasty. Beautiful views and good company. 

Alumni dinner- we went to Gordon Biersch and got to eat American food :) 

One of the must sees of the Taipei zoo- famous giant Pandas.


Formosan black bear, an endangered species and found only in Taiwan. I went on a rainy day which was magical- it was like I really was in the rain-forest in one exhibit. 
Educational literature in every part of the zoo including the restrooms. They had informational signs, posters, mural about scat everywhere LOL.

Yes world I am a chocoholic and I am not ashamed to admit it. 


Great news!!!!! I won the Taiwanese lottery!!!!!!! I won 4,400 NT. I was so surprised and so happy. I used the winnings to sign up for a badminton class. Thanks to Vicki who helped me discover my winnings and sign up for the class ;) My first class is tomorrow. Yeah for learning badminton terminology in Chinese. FYI that is my name in Chinese on my placard outside of my cubicle at work. 


View from the top of Taipei 101 on News Years eve. 


Rode the worlds fastest elevator to the top of 101 floors. View from the top. 


This is one of the dampers that keeps the 6th tallest building in world from swaying in the wind. A pretty amazing engineering feat. 




View of local fireworks from my living room window. I was able to see all the different neighborhoods surrounding my building set off their displays at midnight. 18 floors up.


Living here I constantly see things and I'm like no one is going to believe this. My reality here is so different. The women on the bike with the hat has a parakeet on her handlebars. She is just riding around the park and taking her parakeet on a stroll. No one thought this was strange. I see dogs and families balancing between legs on scooters. There is a man who had a golden retriever balancing between his legs with the dogs tail dragging in the road as he drove. Oh Urban Asia how you keep life interesting. 


My first selfie EVER! Yes that is a true statement. We had everyone at the X-mas party take a picture with this Santa hat. There are some hilarious poses in this hat from our amazing guests. 

Sarah and I pulled out all of the stops with the holiday decorations. All of the snowflakes homemade by us :) My toaster oven got a workout making over 100 cookies for guests. 


Yankee gift exchange time :)

The great people that came to celebrate x-mas with us. A perfect excuse to use the 2 new selfie sticks that were gifted in the game. PS selfie sticks are everywhere here. 


Went to an exhibit where the UNESCO heritage sites were made out of legos. We even got to play and make our own creation at the end. After watching a few too many episodes of house hunters international I choose to create an apartment with Parisian charm ;) 

I am very excited to discover what 2015 brings- hopefully lots of joy and blessings. For all of you wondering what my life plan is post Taiwan- Excellent question! As soon as I figure it out I will be sure to let you know. If you happen to run into my permanent dream job and Prince Charming please feel free to send them my way. Miss you all. I hope you are well. 

新年快乐 



















No comments:

Post a Comment